Friday, August 5, 2011

Time flies..truly

So last week I completed one year in my current job which I started last year. The last one year has literally flown. I seriously didn't realise even once how quickly I completed a year! I haven't really disliked anything so far. But here are some of my observations about how I have changed, my thinking has changed because of the place where I work

- The first one month was not that great. Not because I wasn't excited about being in this fabulous place but because I had to get into the habit of starting early :-( Now I'm one of those people who won't sacrifice their sleep for anything. Transitioning from waking up at 8:30 am to starting work at 8:30am was a bit of an effort to say the least. And to add to my woes my travel time had also increased a bit. However, one month on and I was fine. Now I HATE being late. I, in fact, prefer reaching work "on time" ( I don't even call it early anymore)

- I have not learnt so much in all my jobs put together as much as I have here in the last one year and I'm still learning everyday. I have been given the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging projects that have not only added value to me professionally but even personally it has pushed me beyond my comfort zone. Now I'm even comfortable with the idea of being in the 'uncomfortable zone'

- I have learnt the value of having an inclusive approach. My company (notice me seeing 'MY' - I will touch on that more later) encourages teamwork all through, everyday. The people here do not mind stopping for a moment to help someone. That just creates an awesome culture

- Coming to 'MY' - I feel a sense of ownership and pride towards my company. I don't like people talking ill about it. It really invests in its employees & I value that. I rush to watch the advertisements as soon as they start playing and everytime I watch it, I beam with pride!

- Finally, for me this is the most important one - not even once in the last year I have woken up thinking 'I don't feel like going to work'. As much as I look forward to coming back to my lovely home in the evening, when I wake up in the morning, I look forward to going back to work. I know each day will be a new and a challenging day.

One year on & still loving it! I guess, life's like that...it takes you where you are destined to be and although I think I was destined to be here, I feel lucky to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Added to this space