Friday, July 2, 2010

Home Alone

When I was looking for work about a year back, I used to be so annoyed when hubby use to come back from work late. It was so hard to pass time...so we ended up installing Indian channels. Pretty soon I was bored of day time television with the same movie and same songs and same serials being repeated back to back. With just the two of us, there wasn't much work at home. In short, it was annoying to be home alone. The only bright side to it was that I didn't have to wake up early..well I'm not at all a morning person.

So, this morning hubby said that he'll be late from work not because of work but because of 'after-work drinks' and company dinner ( bohooo no partners allowed!).Late means instead of being back by 6pm, he'll come by 9pm. I was obviously not very pleased because this meant that I had to walk back home in the bitter cold from the train station ( it's about a 15 minute walk) and no Friday night plans ( I'm dying to watch Toy Story 3). It's been 2 hours since I came back from work and I'm already beginning to enjoy being alone for a change. Well, being alone means-
- Not immediately rushing into the kitchen to make tea
- Not worrying about what to have for dinner
- Watching TV as much as I want and whatever I want
- Being lazy and just plain lazy
- Writing my blog!!! I mean when have I been able to write after coming home!!
- Hmmm..starting work on my new painting
- Hearing how the good/bad is the sound of my door bell
- Having some 'me' time
- No cooking = no dirty kitchen = no cleaning (yeah!!!)

No matter how much I enjoy this time, I will never trade it for hubby coming back home late! So, Rak, come back soon!!

PS: I was super excited to see a visitor on my blog from India. Whoever it was..thanks and do leave comments when you visit next.

2 comments:

  1. yey yey..1st comment by me..

    cute blog TM.

    hubby ka pyaar jyada hi jhalak raha hai vaise isme :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! My first commentator!! Welcome to my blog brother! Keep reading and keep commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Added to this space