Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Winds of Change

This is my 52nd week at my current workplace and also my last week. I am happy and excited and a bit nervous as well to move on to doing what I really wanted to do and with a company I really wanted to work for. I reckon there's going to be a humongous difference between working for the Government and working for a multinational firm.
I have had both good and bad moments here at, lets call it, G. Moving on from here means -
- No work from home options ...boo hoo hooo I really loved this and ended up working at least 4-5 days from home in a month.

- Not giving blank looks when people talk about UAT, SIT, Accessibility, Functional Specs, Testing and all other IT related terms. Well, they will give me a blank look if I start talking in financial language..NCL, ANR, Delinquency, PQR etc etc etc..

- Coming in whenever and going whenever..a lot of flexibility this place offers

- No more blogging at work, no net surfing :-D

- And most importantly, moving away from my comfort zone.


I'm not sure about how I feel at the moment. I am at a loss of words. I think one thing that I'm really going to miss here is the comfort of being in the heart of the city and the friends I made here.

I am happy to move on. Whenever someone use to have a farewell here, I always asked my friend and colleague, " When will I get a farewell!!". This had more to do with the fact that I never related to the work I was doing than the place itself. I was not able to contribute as much as I had liked to owing to my non-IT background.

I'm super thrilled! Last 2 days here and then my new company M, here I come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Added to this space