Monday, July 5, 2010

Manic Monday

At the outset let me clarify that this is not a post about how-much-we-hate-Mondays and Monday morning blues. This is about me being the witness to some peculiar things (read people) within the first one hour of when I stepped out of the house.

So, the day started beautifully! I slept in longer than usual, got tea in bed (I get that everyday :-)), caught up on another precious 5 minute sleep, had a shower, got ready and the trains were also running on time. And then...

I boarded and took a seat on the train. Once I settled in, I looked up and saw this set of identical twin sisters sitting in front of me. I have seen identical twins before but never so closely. Both these girls had the same hairstyle and were well synchronized in playing with their curly locks. Usually, I go off to sleep within a few minutes of sitting in the train, but today I couldn't help but notice these two. Then gradually I came to notice the differences. One was really sporty while the not-so-sporty one was well decked up with make up. And to my horror, the sporty one was wearing shorts in this freeezzzing weather!!

Once these girls deboarded, there was an Indian girl standing who came and sat down next to me. She plugged the earphones and as soon as the sounds of music began crossing the boundaries of her earphone, I was shocked at what she was listening to. It started with the tolerable "Desi Girl" and then went on to some absolutely horrendous song. From whatever I could listen of the song, I think it was some "Papa Jaag Jayega" song from the movie Housefull! It's undoubtedly a CRIME to make such songs but its even a bigger CRIME to actually listen to such songs and have them in your IPhone!!

I was only regaining my composure and was waiting for the lift when this lady stepped into the lift with her colleague. I noticed this lady (may be in her mid-40's) was bare feet. I thought may be just a bad day, she must have broken her sandals while coming to work. As if understanding and trying to satiate my curiosity, her colleague questioned her. The conversation was something like this with me shamelessly eavesdropping.

Colleague - Hey, how are you doing. *Looking down* Oh, where are your shoes?

Lady - *Somewhat snobbishly* Where they should be - in my bag!

Me - *Ya right, just say you broke them*.

Colleague - *Gives a slight smile and shakes his head a bit*

Lady - *In her full defensive mode* You know I don't like dust on my shoes. They'll get dirty if I wear them. And anyway, they last much longer if I carry them and wear them only when I need to.

Colleague - *Just being kind* Yeah, fair enough.

They get off the lift

Me - *Thinks* Obviously they will you miser. And just what happens to your pretty irreplaceable feet. *Trying to spot cracked heels as she walks out of the lift*

Ah well, so that was the beginning to my day. Not that I'm complaining. After all I got something to blog about.

2 comments:

  1. shhhhh... blog dhyan se karna, varna...colleague ko pata chal jaayega :)

    hush hush hush, papa sleeping - i love the song :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! that lady n her colleague were not from my office..just the same building. And by the way im not surprised u like the papa song..u even live himesh reshammiya..! U r also a CRIMINAL!!

    ReplyDelete

Added to this space